About the project
Aims of WBL project:
- To create environment for sustainable program that will enable participants to move from adolescence into adulthood as productive workers.
- To foster the creation of a cross national system (recommendations and guidelines) that will achieve these purposes.
- To address the issues at a policy level to improve access and success of work based learning
- November 2015 – April 2018
- Develop a strategic policy framework prior to the commencement of the reviewing process.
- Review work based learning schemes in countries involved in the project and collect information on the needs and demands within industries (especially SME) and on regional development strategies.
- Joint training workshops for tutors from VET and tutors from host companies in LV, NL, ES, SL
- Develop at least three different flexible operational modules for WBL that respond to different environments and needs.
- Conduct stakeholder consultations on the models developed.
- Prepare recommendations and guidelines to be adopted in the new models for work based learning.
- Prepare a sustainability plan for each country and disseminate the models at EU level and to countries (especially reform-oriented EU new member state countries) outside the partnership.
- Developed three different flexible WBL models that take into account specific regional environment, sectoral need and local development strategies.
- Straightened ties with industries to be more involved in the shaping young adult occupational career.